Sure Secure Solutions is looking for a Firewall Cyber Engineer to support the Advanced Enterprise Global Information Technology (IT) Solutions (AEGIS) contract. The AEGIS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to client’s customers worldwide. This position will provide operation support for the Management for agency firewalls across the client’s corporate enterprise network.
As a Firewall Cyber Engineer you will perform a variety of network engineering tasks, either independently or under supervision, which is broad in nature and is concerned with the design and implementation of integrated networks, including personnel, hardware, software, and support facilities and/or equipment. Plan and perform network engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with network design, engineering, and customer specifications. Coordinate the activities of Network Technicians assigned to specific network engineering projects. Perform with some latitude for independent actions and decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support consists of implementing user requested changes, troubleshooting and resolution of user reported problems/incidents, and working with System Administrators, Developers, and
- Engineers further enhance client’s network stability and protections
- Develop scripts and procedures to streamline day-to-day operations tasks
- Lead and/or participate in tasks as part of major deployments and upgrades of the Firewall systems to include but not limited to: Hardware replacement, Software upgrades, and Vulnerability mitigations.
- Analyze, plan, modify, and maintain network firewalls.
- Conduct internal studies of network firewalls performance and traffic analysis
- Evaluate new technologies, and conducts testing of network and firewall systems
Required Education and Experience:
- Ability to use and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques (such
- as firewall rules management and implementation, route tracing, sniffer).
- Able to receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet outlined objectives
- Clear understanding of routing protocols such as BGP(Border Gateway Protocols) and OSPF(Open Shortest Path First)
- Strong understanding of network protocols such as TCP(Transmission Control Protocol) and UDP(User Datagram Protocol)
- The eligible candidate holds a valid CCNA certification
- Hands on experience with Cisco FW
- Hands on experience with Fortigate Firewalls, Fortimanager, FortiWeb, FortiAnalyzer
- The eligible candidate preferably holds a valid CCNP certification
Sure Secure Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including Vets and Disabled. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
At Sure Secure Solutions we have an enjoyable working environment, offering competitive benefit packages and surrounded with professionals who have the subject matter expertise to develop innovative, cutting-edge business solutions in an ever-evolving technology landscape. The benefits include Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life insurance, Long and short-term disability, Paid time off, 401(k) Retirement plan. More specific information on benefits eligibility will be provided as part of the interview process.
- This is a full-time Hybrid Role.(3 days/week in the office)
- A U.S. citizenship is required.
- All candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Candidates should know that there’s always a chance that we’ll be back in the office 5 days/week at some point.*