Sure Secure Solutions is looking for a Software Developer to support our client’s (EOSDIS Evolution and Development) team out of Riverdale, Maryland. In this role, you will work with an amazing team of engineers in their mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from our client’s Earth science missions. More specifically, you will be working with the Search & Discovery Release Train on the Common Metadata Repository (CMR) application. The CMR is an AWS hosted scalable repository for just over 1 billion earth science metadata records from around the world. It receives approximately 10M queries per week and is envied for its speed and reliability.
As a Software Developer and Scrum Master on the Search & Discovery team, you will be a servant leader for building innovative tools which allow scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update, and improve the quality of earth science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from user story generation, through design, development, automated testing, and operational support.
- Develop new feature ideas to meet the ever-evolving needs of our end-users.
- Continually help the team grow by sharing new ideas and industry best practices, as well as improvements to processes and tools.
- Lead the scrum team in using the SAFe methodology and Agile scrum practices.
- Support the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction and business value.
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization; resolve conflicts; manage risk; and escalate when appropriate.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’ degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, and at least 3-5 years of software development lifecycle (SDLC) experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including compute, storage, and data services such as EC2, Lambda, S3, and RDS.
- Ability to analyze and think quickly; resolve conflict; intellectually curious.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Experience with React.
- Experience with Clojure.
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI/ML).
- Experience with the Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK) stack.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology.
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Experience with GraphDB.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps best practices for deploying software to cloud environments.
- Experience leading a scrum team within the SAFe or Agile at Scale construct.
- This position may work remotely. Relocation is NOT available. Quarterly travel for 2-4 days to the Greater Washington, DC/Baltimore area may be required.
Sure Secure Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including Vets and Disabled. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
At Sure Secure Solutions we have an enjoyable working environment, offering competitive benefit packages and surrounded with professionals who have the subject matter expertise to develop innovative, cutting-edge business solutions in an ever-evolving technology landscape. The benefits include Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life insurance, Long and short-term disability, Paid time off, 401(k) Retirement plan. More specific information on benefits eligibility will be provided as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time Remote Role (Quarterly travel for a few days may be required)* A U.S. citizenship is required. All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquiries.