Sure Secure Solutions is looking for a Principal Integration Engineer for our Client’s (EOSDIS Evolution and Development) team out of Riverdale, Maryland. As a Principal Integration Engineer and a member of the CMR team, you will build innovative tools allowing scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update, and improve the quality of earth science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic issues. This includes leading the deployment of product updates, to identify production issues and implementing integrations.
In this role, you will work with an amazing team of engineers, on the EED-3 program, that supports our client’s Earth Science (ESDIS) in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from Earth science missions. More specifically, you will be working with the Common Metadata Repository (CMR) team. The CMR is an AWS hosted scalable repository for ~500M earth science metadata records from around the world. It receives approximately 3M queries per week and is envied for its speed and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Building and implementing new development tools and infrastructure.
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying them to developers.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes.
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Planning projects and being involved in project management decisions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’ degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, and at least 8 years of software development lifecycle (SDLC) experience.
- At least 6 years of experience using Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline automation platforms (Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity) to automate building, testing, and deploying of software products.
- Proficient with Git and GitHub workflows
- At least 4 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including compute, storage, and data services such as EC2, Lambda, S3, and RDS.
- Experience working in Lean Agile/ Scrum methodologies.
- Knowledgeable in CI/CD and DevOps best practices for deploying software to cloud environments.
- Experience using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology.
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Experience presenting at technical conferences.
Sure Secure Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including Vets and Disabled. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
At Sure Secure Solutions we have an enjoyable working environment, offering competitive benefit packages and surrounded with professionals who have the subject matter expertise to develop innovative, cutting-edge business solutions in an ever-evolving technology landscape. The benefits include Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life insurance, Long and short-term disability, Paid time off, 401(k) Retirement plan. More specific information on benefits eligibility will be provided as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time Remote Role (Quarterly travel for a few days may be required)* A U.S. citizenship is required. All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquiries.