We are seeking a highly skilled Data Systems Software Application Developer to join our dynamic team in support of NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) projects. As a Full Performance level developer, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, reviewing, testing, and maintaining various tools and algorithms, primarily in Python and MATLAB, for simulations and analyses of imaging systems. This role involves collaborating with a large system engineering and analysis team to establish necessary infrastructure, processes, and software engineering discipline for the seamless execution of complex end-to-end simulations and analyses.
- Developing, reviewing, testing, and maintaining various tools and algorithms (written primarily in Python and MATLAB) for simulations and analyses of imaging systems.
- Working with a large system engineering and analysis team to define/provide the necessary infrastructure, processes, and software engineering discipline to enable the seamless execution of complex end-to-end simulations and analyses.
- Assist in the ongoing software development of the Image Chain Analysis in Python (ICAP) and System for End-to-End Results (SEER).
- Assisting in the architecting/deployment of computing resources and systems in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- This position requires an active Top Secret (TS/SCI) Security Clearance.
- Bachelor´s degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Master´s degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Experience with programming in Python on a Linux environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development processes
- Experience with DevOps/DataOps (Git, GitLab, JIRA, Docker, Artifactory)
- Experience with CI/CD processes and pipelines
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to learn new software techniques and mathematical algorithms.
- Experience in cloud-based development (e.g. AWS or Azure).
- Background in mathematics or machine learning.
- Background in computer vision: image processing, object detection/tracking.
- Experience with Docker containers and container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with virtual environments (Anaconda)
- Familiarity with Dask or similar scientific data processing pipeline
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience managing software build processes with CMake in Linux environment
- Experience working with a team to turn prototype algorithms into delivered software products.
- Understanding of concepts of large-volume data processing
- Understanding and application of standard software engineering principles, especially with respect to unit and regression testing.
Sure Secure Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including Vets and Disabled. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
At Sure Secure Solutions we have an enjoyable working environment, offering competitive benefit packages and surrounded with professionals who have the subject matter expertise to develop innovative, cutting-edge business solutions in an ever-evolving technology landscape. The benefits include Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life insurance, Long and short-term disability, Paid time off, 401(k) Retirement plan. More specific information on benefits eligibility will be provided as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time Role. A U.S. citizenship is required. All candidates must be able to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.