Sure Secure Solutions is looking for a Senior Software Engineer specializing in Cloud Data Analytics, will be a key development team member supporting the evolution and sustainment of data analytics services for EED enterprise systems and supporting infrastructure. In this role the Senior Software Engineer will support the collection, curation, visualization, and automated reporting of information and insights across a suite of data analytics platforms spanning cloud hosted services (Cloud Metrics) and end-user community engagement (Google Analytics).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, development, evolution, and sustainment of data analytics infrastructures including ElasticSearch, Google Analytics, and AWS Athena/S3
- Implementing and refining data pipelines for the extract, transform, and load (ETL) of new data streams
- Preparing data visualizations and reporting for both internal application development teams and program leadership via Kibana, AWS QuickSight, Google Analytics 4
- Support data management activities including retention, curation, catalog management, and schema development or extensions with focus on data management automation wherever practical.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Engineering, or a related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in an engineering role related to data analytics
- ElasticSearch data cluster sustainment and visualization via Kibana
- Tracking and reporting application usage metrics via Google Analytics in an enterprise setting
- Experience developing cloud-hosted application using cloud-native/serverless services such as Lambda, Elastic Container Service, Fargate, SND, SQS, Step Functions, CloudWatch, Kinesis
- Experience with infrastructure automation via Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet
- Familiarity with DevOps development practices including CI/CD and automated testing
- Demonstrated experience communicating with technical information, especially as relates to numeric/statistical information through data visualizations
- 3+ years of experience development applications leveraging Python and/or NodeJS
- Experience with modern data management approaches including Data Lakes, Data Catalogs
- Experience with key cloud data integration services: Ex AWS Glue | Athena
- Familiarity with machine learning practices and techniques
Sure Secure Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including Vets and Disabled. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
At Sure Secure Solutions we have an enjoyable working environment, offering competitive benefit packages and surrounded with professionals who have the subject matter expertise to develop innovative, cutting-edge business solutions in an ever-evolving technology landscape. The benefits include Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life insurance, Long and short-term disability, Paid time off, 401(k) Retirement plan. More specific information on benefits eligibility will be provided as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time On-Site Role. A U.S. citizenship is required. All candidates must be able to pass a Public Trust Clearance.