Sure Secure Solutions is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to support our client’s at EED (EOSDIS Evolution and Development) team out of Riverdale, Maryland. The Principal Software Engineer will work with an amazing team of engineers, on the EED-3 program, that supports Earth Science (ESDIS) in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from Earth science missions. More specifically, you will be working with the CUMULUS team. CUMULUS deals with archiving and dissemination of EOSDIS data collections in the Cloud.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Architecting database and data repository solutions to serve as a robust persistence layer for real-time and batch-oriented analytic processing
- Designing, building, automating, deploying, and supporting scalable data pipelines for extracting, transforming, and loading data into data warehouse solutions.
- Analyzing complex datasets, detecting and visualizing trends and patterns, developing conclusions, and providing recommendations.
- Expanding and optimizing data flows
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’ degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, and 10 years of experience working in the Cloud.
- Expertise using Amazon Web Services (AWS) relational and big data services, including RDS and DynamoDB.
- Advanced Knowledge of relationship databases and SQL.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) compute, serverless, and storage services such as EC2, Lambda, and S3.
- Experience working in Lean Agile/ Scrum methodologies.
- Experience using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology.
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Confluence).
- Experience building scalable cloud data warehouses.
- A University Degree and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years experience Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Sure Secure Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including Vets and Disabled. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
At Sure Secure Solutions we have an enjoyable working environment, offering competitive benefit packages and surrounded with professionals who have the subject matter expertise to develop innovative, cutting-edge business solutions in an ever-evolving technology landscape. The benefits include Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life insurance, Long and short-term disability, Paid time off, 401(k) Retirement plan. More specific information on benefits eligibility will be provided as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time Remote Role (Quarterly travel for a few days may be required)* A U.S. citizenship is required. All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquiries.