Sure Secure Solutions is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support the clients in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from client’s Earth science missions. As a member of the team, software engineers will build innovative tools allowing scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update and improve the quality of earth science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic issues. Specifically, this opening is for a software engineer on the Cumulus team. Cumulus is an AWS hosted data archive for Earth science records from around the world. The Cumulus team is an established and high performing agile team working in the Scaled Agile Framework methodology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from user story generation, through design, development, automated testing and operational support
- Develop new feature ideas to meet the ever evolving needs of our end-users
- Continually help the team grow by sharing new ideas and industry best practices
- Suggest improvements to processes and tools to help the team be more efficient
Required Education and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Hands on AWS and RDS experience
- Experience with React and node.js
- Experience with Front-end design and development
- Experience with UI/UX experience and customer focused interviews
- Ability to work as a member of small team using the Scrum methodology
- Firm commitment to automated testing and continuous integration
- Proponent of continuous improvement; willingness to bring new ideas to the team
- Energetic, self-motivated, team player
- Degree in a technical major, such as Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including at a minimum S3, IAM, Lambda and Terraform
- Experience working in a development team using an Agile methodology (preferably Scrum or SAFe)
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Experience developing on MacOS X and deploying to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience presenting at technical conferences
Sure Secure Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including Vets and Disabled. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
At Sure Secure Solutions we have an enjoyable working environment, offering competitive benefit packages and surrounded with professionals who have the subject matter expertise to develop innovative, cutting-edge business solutions in an ever-evolving technology landscape. The benefits include Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life insurance, Long and short-term disability, Paid time off, 401(k) Retirement plan. More specific information on benefits eligibility will be provided as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time Role. A U.S. citizenship is required. All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquiries.