The Business Analyst (BA) performs detailed job analysis of business processes and provides an interface
between traditional logistical support organizations and functional requirement definitions. A BA must
demonstrate the following:
▪ Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
▪ The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
▪ The ability to interact at all levels in the chain of command.
▪ The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also work in a team-based,
highly collaborative environment.
▪ The ability to work well under pressure and around tight deadlines.
A BA will assist in data analytics, center on enterprise data management and the validation of data prior
and during migration from legacy systems. Responsibilities for data life-cycle control may include, but is
not limited to:
Job Responsibilities/Required Skills:
▪ Defining data goals, objectives, strategies and standards for data validation/cleansing/control.
▪ Exercising oversight of legacy data cleansing, analysis, harmonization and staging to support an
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment
▪ Assisting in defining the technical solutions to support identified metrics, as well as monitoring
ERP data quality and availability through the use of metrics and audits.
▪ Enforcing the business processes implemented for the organization’s enterprise data
management and data integration.
▪ Performing technical analysis by assessing the areas of impact of data issues from all levels of
▪ Assisting in maintaining and sustaining migration efforts and management of future migration
▪ Assisting in sustainment data quality efforts and management of future data quality
▪ Utilizing qualitative and quantitative techniques in analyzing and measuring the effectiveness
and efficiency of the data that will be used in support of business processes.
▪ Collecting requirements for the project business, analyzing them and guiding the developmental
team in optimizing their work.
▪ Evaluating the data collected by project development team and preparing hardware and
software requirement specifications understanding these details.
▪ Documenting the projects by preparing functional specification documents and user guides for
the reference of the end users.
▪ Performing business and technical presentations
▪ Participate in work groups, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), and meetings to address
Governance and Plans Division Support activities
▪ The BA must be familiar with current Federal, DOD, and Army IT regulations, policies and
publications, and related information and physical security policies and requirements.
▪ Maintaining skill sets in the hardware/software being used to accomplish customer tasks.
▪ Ability to utilize data analysis tools to include SQL, PySpark, Microsoft Access, and Excel to query
data from multiple complex relational databases and other data sources in support of customer
▪ Maintaining an awareness of trends that may either positively or negatively affect the customer.
• 8 years relevant experience, OR 6 year relevant experience and an Associate’s Degree in a
Technical Discipline or related field, OR 4 year relevant experience and a Bachelor’s Degree
in a Technical Discipline or related field.