Sure Secure is looking for a Junior Ground Data Systems Operations (GDSO) Engineer to support exciting projects with our client.
The successful candidate will need to understand and be able to monitor nominal data flow. Candidate will need to have an understanding of all components that make up the venue: hardware, storage, network and applications. Additionally, candidate will need to understand component dependencies and inter-dependencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing Ground Data System (GDS) operations tasks under GDSO leadership direction, capture GDS operations, Procedures, and provide user training and support
- Monitoring to ensure that venue is operational and reliable
- Act as the main point of contact (POC) on shift for vetting and resolving issues with tools and services
- Reaching out to the SME for support as needed
- Automating routing procedures to streamline operations whenever possible
- Enhancing monitoring capabilities to raise alerts when issues first arise to help minimize impact
- Operations support in the cloud environment for Science Data Processing, integration and test experience, experience with scripting for automation.
Education and Experience
Bachelors’ Degree in STEM with at least 1-2 years of professional experience in related field or a Masters’ Degree in a related field, with no other professional experience needed
- Experience with operations support in cloud for Science Data Processing
- Experience with integration and test in and out of the cloud environment
- Experience with scripting for automation
- Programming background with working knowledge of language like Bourne, Csh, Python, Ruby, Go, C/ C++
- Keen interest in learning all aspects of information technology from Linux system infrastructure, networking, storage to security
- Ability to automate simple and/or repetitive tasks
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction with effective broad-based teamwork skills
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours as shifts can be after hour, on weekends or be on-call (stand by)
- Ability to independently follow and execute instructions provided
- Ability to independently learn new tools and technology quick
This position requires a U.S. Citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization