At Sure Secure Solutions our commitment to clients is reflected in our award-winning innovative solutions and customer recognition. Our greatest pride however comes not from these designations, but the teamwork, trust and relationships behind it.
Our team of experts deliver innovative solutions in cloud architecture, web applications development, data analytics, and IT security.
Sure Secure Solutions takes people that matter to places that matter. As a business, our focus is to provide the most talented and driven teams to phenomenal clients.
- The software engineer in this role will develop Geographic Information System (GIS) capabilities that will process mission science data for remote science users, including variable, spatial and temporal sub setting, reprojection and rasterization and reformatting.
- The software engineer will also leverage cloud-based web services (AWS) to perform these functions.
- The candidate will perform design, development, integration and testing of the software in support of software deliveries using Agile software development methodologies.
- The successful candidate will have a knowledge of technical standards, principles, concepts of software engineering and will be expected to develop solutions to routine technical problems of general scope and complexity.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Using AWS services to build out science data processing in the cloud.
- Designing and developing software to include Python, Java, and C++.
- Participate as a member on an Agile team and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality supporting user stories and participate in sprint review.
- Design and develop shell scripts to support system functionality.
- Manage a project or a set of files using GIT.
- Document release information to achieve an effective product deployment.
- Use effective troubleshooting techniques to identify software problems.
- Must have knowledge of Linux/UNIX OS (Red Hat or CentOS Linux 6 or 7).
- Must have experience writing Python, Java, C++, and other high-level language.
- Must have experience with scripting languages (e.g., shell, Perl).
- Demonstrated ability in writing and maintaining software documentation.
- Experience with GIS systems and application software.
- Experience with SQL (Postgres), GIT, Tomcat, Jira, Nagios and apache Web Server a plus.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services.
- Experience supporting software development teams, tools, and processes.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and the Atlassian tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo).
Education & Experience:
- Must have a BS degree in technical major, such as engineering or computer science, and 10 years prior relevant experience, or an advance degree and 7 years of experience.
- 4 years of experience writing Python, Java, C++, and other high level language code.
- 4 years of experience with Perl and shell scripts.
- 4 years of experience in supporting development and sustainment of a large system in a Linux environment.
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening US Citizenship is required
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org